Diamond Microdermabrasion is a completely new method of skin care, which is essentially mechanical removal of epidermis, down to the desired depth. Microdermabrasion is a completely safe and effective alternative to the popular chemical peel treatments. Diamond Microdermabrasion is widely used in various cosmetology programs to remove wrinkles, reduce pores, and remove undesired pigmentation. Depth of effect can be adjusted using several factors: the selected vacuum level, the diameter of the nozzle and its degree of abrasion, as well as the exposure time.
Three classes of microdermabrasion:
- Surface microdermabrasion is suitable for young people to clear pores, remove blackheads, smooth out mimetic wrinkles, and give dull skin a healthy color. Generally four to six sessions of surface microdermabrasion of 45 minutes each are required to obtain a long-lasting result.
- Medium microdermabrasion is designed for mature skin and is aimed at reducing the prominence of deep wrinkles, removing scars, and rejuvenating the skin. The required number of sessions is slightly higher.
- Deep microdermabrasion is needed for patients who have deep scars or stretch marks.
All three classes of microdermabrasion do not require anesthesia, are absolutely painless, have zero side effects, and practically no rehabilitation period.
Microdermabrasion is commonly followed up by application of various skin care products, because immediately following a microdermabrasion session is the best time to use them. By removing the keratinized dead cells from the skin surface, as well as “massaging” the skin, microdermabrasion increases the absorption and effectiveness of subsequently used medical or cosmeceutical products by up to 90%.
Indications for diamond microdermabrasion:
- Scars and stretch marks of various origin (post-acne scars, post-traumatic scars, post-natal scars and stretch marks, colloidal, and burn scars)
- Aging skin (wrinkles, nasolabial folds, violations of dermal matrix)
- Hyperpigmentation (dark spots, melasma, chromatodermatosis)
- Clogged pores, blackheads
The advantages of microdermabrasion:
- Completely painless
- Short recovery period
- Safe, controlled depth of effect
- Can be used by patients with contraindications to chemical peel treatments
- Can be used by patients with contraindications to treatment with electrical current and ultrasound
- Increases uptake of active ingredients of cosmetics after the procedure
- Stimulates blood and lymph circulation
- Customizable for sensitive skin